If you’re a panoramic sunroof enthusiast, just like me, and you’re looking for a 2019 car that has this great feature, look no further.
In this article, I’ll present to you the 12 best SUVs from 2019 with great panoramic sunroofs.
Take a look at the table with the best 2019 SUVs with a panoramic sunroof.
|Car||Trim Levels||Average Price|
|1. Volvo XC90||T5 Momentum, T6 Inscription, T6 Momentum, T6 R-Design.||$45.000|
|2. BMW X5||xDrive40i, xDrive50i||$55.000|
|3. Nissan Rogue||SL, SV||$27.000|
|4. Chevrolet Equinox||1LT, 2LT, Premier w/1LZ, w/2LZ, w/3LZ.||$24.000|
|5. Ford Explorer||Limited, Platinum, Sport, XLT||$35.000|
|6. Jeep Grand Cherokee||Altitude, Limited, Overland, Trailhawk, Summit||$40.000|
|7. Subaru Forester||all||$30.000|
|8. Ford Escape||SEL, Titanium||$28.000|
|9. Hyundai Tuscon||Night, Ultimate||$28.000|
|10. Jeep Cherokee||Latitude Plus, Limited, Trailhawk, Trailhawk Elite, Overland||$32.000|
|11. Volkswagen Tiguan||all||$30.000|
|12. Hyundai Santa Fe||Limited 2.0T, Limited 2.4, SE 2.4, SEL 2.4, SEL Plus 2.4, Ultimate 2.0T, Ultimate 2.4||$32.000|
Table of Contents
1. Volvo XC90
Volvo XC90 is the largest and most expensive Volvo car. It’s an elegant SUV with a spacious interior and powerful engines. This luxurious car is perfect for the whole family since it has third-row seating in some configurations.
For a Volvo XC90 with a panoramic sunroof, you need to pay $40.000-$50.000.
If you’re looking to buy a Volvo XC90 with a panoramic sunroof, it’s available in the following trim levels: T5 Momentum, T6 Inscription, T6 Momentum, T6 R-Design.
2. BMW X5
BMW X5 debuted back in 2000. It has a great driving experience that comes with practicality and comfort. X5 features confidence-inspiring handling, two perfect powertrains, and lots of space inside.
BMW X5 with a panoramic sunroof costs between $48.000-$70.000.
The panoramic sunroof in the BMW X5 is available in the xDrive40i, and xDrive50i trims.
3. Nissan Rogue
Nissan Rogue is a quiet and comfortable SUV with fuel-efficient powertrains and capacious cargo space. For some people, it lacks powerful acceleration and some features in the infotainment system, but it’s one of the most popular SUVs in the US, so it will be a good car for most drivers.
Nissan Rogue is one of the cheapest 2019 SUVs with a panoramic sunroof because it costs $25.000-$30.000.
Look for SL and SV trim levels if you wish to have a panoramic sunroof in your Nissan Rogue.
4. Chevrolet Equinox
The 2019 Chevrolet Equinox is a compact SUV that is known for its above-the-average reliability. You can also expect good handling and roomy seats. It’s a popular car because of its fuel economy, especially with a diesel powertrain.
For a Chevrolet Equinox 2019 that includes a panoramic sunroof, you need to pay at least $22.000.
A panoramic sunroof is available in many trim levels, including 1LT, 2LT, Premier w/1LZ, w/2LZ, and w/3LZ.
5. Ford Explorer
Are you looking for a midsize SUV with plenty of room, powerful engine choices, and a comfortable ride? Look no further, because Ford Explorer is for you! Of course, if you’re ok with below-average fuel economy and lower interior feeling than its competitors…
The prices of a 2019 Ford Explorer with a panoramic sunroof start at about $32.000 and can go up to $40.000.
Which trim versions to choose to have a panoramic sunroof? Limited, Platinum, Sport, and XLT.
6. Jeep Grand Cherokee
The 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a successful SUV with many pros like exceptional off-road prowess, potent engine lineup, user-friendly infotainment system, and spacious cabin. Overall, it’s a great car, but its biggest con is a below-average cargo capacity.
Jeep Grand Cherokee 2019 costs from $35.000 even up to $45.000.
Altitude, Limited, Overland, Trailhawk, and Summit are the trim levels that you can spot a panoramic sunroof in.
7. Subaru Forester
Subaru Forester is an alluring choice for many drivers. It’s good at most everything that matters to crossover buyers, and it has a spacious cabin and great handling experience.
For a Subaru Forester with a panoramic sunroof, expect to pay from $28.000 up to $35.000.
The panoramic sunroof in a Subaru Forester is available in all trim levels, except the basic one.
Also read: 12 Best 2018 SUVs with Panoramic Sunroof
8. Ford Escape
Ford Escape is one of the most successful compact SUVs. It features ample cargo room, robust engine lineup, and lithe handling. Its standard version might be a bit poor, but you don’t have to pay a lot for better trim levels.
$25.000 is the minimum amount of money you need to pay for a 2019 Ford Escape that features a panoramic sunroof.
Only SEL and Titanium trim levels have a panoramic sunroof.
9. Hyundai Tuscon
Hyundai Tuscon is a comfortable SUV with a quiet cabin and a gentle ride. It has a simple and appealing look and reasonable fuel economy. The engines could have a bit more power, though.
The cost of a 2019 Hyundai Tuscon with a panoramic sunroof is on average $28.000.
If you want to have a panoramic sunroof, look for Night and Ultimate trim levels.
Also read: Are Hyundai Good Cars? All You Need to Know
10. Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Cherokee is a great compact SUV with good off-road capability. Getting through terrain will not be a problem for this car. That’s because the Jeep Cherokee offers three different AWD systems. The car also has some cons like a cheap interior on lower trims or tight rear seats.
For a 2019 Jeep Cherokee that features a panoramic sunroof, you need to pay about $30.000.
The trim levels in Jeep Cherokee that come with a panoramic sunroof are Latitude Plus, Limited, Trailhawk, Trailhawk Elite, and Overland.
11. Volkswagen Tiguan
Volkswagen Tiguan is a solid SUV with a third row, smooth ride, and attractive design. It’s an attractive and flexible car, but not as quick and flexible as its competitors.
If you want to buy a 2019 Tiguan with a panoramic sunroof, be prepared to spend at least $29.000.
The panoramic sunroof is available in all trim levels.
12. Hyundai Santa Fe
It’s one of the best midsize SUVs. It has potent engine options, pleasant ride and handling, a great infotainment system, and many safety features. In most cases, it will be a better choice than a Tuscon.
Hyundai Santa Fe with a panoramic sunroof will cost you over $30.000.
To have a panoramic sunroof, look for Limited 2.0T, Limited 2.4, SE 2.4, SEL 2.4, SEL Plus 2.4, Ultimate 2.0T, Ultimate 2.4 trim levels.
What are the Pros and Cons of SUVs with Panoramic Sunroof?
1. It increases your mood. The more sunshine, the better is your mood. With a panoramic sunroof, you will not be so upset when driving to work on Monday morning…
2. Your car looks better. I think cars with a panoramic sunroof look way better. They stand out on the streets and pay attention. Also, when someone is getting into your car, he will appreciate your panoramic sunroof.
3. You can look at the moon and stars. If the night is cold, and you like watching the stars, your car is a great place for you. It’s a cozy and warm place for you when you can sit and watch the night sky.
4. It warms up your car in the winter. When you get into the car with a panoramic sunroof in the winter, and the sun is shining, it can pleasantly warm up your interior, so your travel will be better, and you won’t even have to use air conditioning.
1. Your car is more expensive. It’s obvious. Cars with a panoramic sunroof are 3-10% more expensive. That’s because glass is more expensive than metal. Also, panoramic sunroof demands mounting, sealing, and labor which makes panoramic sunroof costs more.
2. It requires more care. Glass doesn’t mess more than metal, but the mess is more visible on the glass. Because of that, you need to clean your panoramic sunroof with a window cleaner at least once a month, so it looks better and lets in more sunshine.
3. It can increase the temperature. I think it’s the biggest disadvantage of having a panoramic sunroof. When it’s hot, it increases the temperature more than a conventional roof. It’s because glass preheats faster than metal, and in addition, you let the sunshine in. Cars with a panoramic sunroof are equipped with a sunroof cover, but it helps only partially.
4. Less headroom. If you’re buying an SUV with a panoramic sunroof, you can’t be too high. You should be a maximum of 6.23 ft (190cm) if you want to drive comfortably. A panoramic sunroof takes about 1-1.5 inches. In SUVs or crossovers, it’s not a big deal, but in sedans, it might be some problem.