So, you’re looking for 2018 SUV with a panoramic sunroof? Look no further, because this list is all you need!
|Car||Trim Levels||Average Price|
|1. Jeep Cherokee||Latitude Plus, Limited, Trailhawk, Trailhawk Elite, Overland||$28.000|
|2. Hyundai Tuscon||Night, Ultimate||$26.000|
|3. Ford Escape||SEL, Titanium||$24.000|
|4. Subaru Forester||all||$27.000|
|5. Ford Explorer||Limited, Platinum, Sport, XLT||$35.000|
|6. Nissan Rogue||SL, SV||$25.000|
|7. BMW X3||M40i, xDrive 30i||$35.000|
|8. Volvo XC60||T5 Inscription, T5 Momentum, T5 R-Design, T6 Inscription, T6 Momentum, T6 R-Design||$37.000|
|9. Audi Q3||2.0T Premium, 2.0 T Premium Plus, 2.0 T Sport Premium||$32.000|
|10. Ford Edge||SEL, Sport, Titanium||$29.000|
|11. Audi Q7||all||$48.000|
|12. Mercedes-Benz GLS||all||$52.000|
1. Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Cherokee is a great SUV for off-road, and it features a roomy cabin and many user-friendly features. For sure, it’s not the most economical SUV out there, and the cargo space could be better, but even though, it’s one of the best choices if you’re looking for a 2018 SUV with a panoramic sunroof.
For a Jeep Cherokee with a panoramic sunroof, you need to pay on average $28.000.
The trim levels in Jeep Cherokee that come with a panoramic sunroof are Latitude Plus, Limited, Trailhawk, Trailhawk Elite, and Overland.
2. Hyundai Tuscon
Hyundai Tuscon is one of the most reliable SUVs that you can buy. It’s a safe car with a comfortable and quiet ride. The base engine might not be the best performer, but for most drivers, it will be more than enough.
The Hyundai Tuscon with a panoramic sunroof, from 2018, costs usually around $26,000.
If you want to have a panoramic sunroof, look for Night and Ultimate trim levels.
3. Ford Escape
Ford Escape is known for its good predicted reliability, great handling, and large cargo hold. Some people think, that the interior is cheap, but this car is definitely worth its price.
For a 2018 Ford Escape, we need to pay about $23.000-$24.000.
Only SEL and Titanium trim levels have a panoramic sunroof.
4. Subaru Forester
Subaru Forester is one of the most popular choices when it comes to an SUV with a panoramic sunroof. It might not have as many tech features as its competitors, but it has excellent cargo capacity, spacious rear seats, and many advanced safety features.
The Subaru Forester with a panoramic sunroof, costs between $25.000-$33.000.
The panoramic sunroof in a Subaru Forester is available in all trim levels, except the basic one.
5. Ford Explorer
The Ford Explorer isn’t a perfect car. It’s not the most reliable car, and the handling could be better, but the pros of this car are a capable lineup of engines, and an intuitive infotainment system.
For a Ford Explorer with a panoramic sunroof, you need to expect to spend $30.000-$40.000.
Which trim versions to choose to have a panoramic sunroof? Limited, Platinum, Sport, and XLT.
6. Nissan Rogue
If you’re ok with only one engine option, and you like the upscale interior, spacious cargo area, advanced safety features, and top-tier gas mileage, then look no further, because the Nissan Rogue is all you need.
This SUV costs about $23.000-$28.000 for a trim level that features a panoramic sunroof.
SL and SV are the levels to choose from that include a huge panoramic sunroof.
Also read: 6 Nissans with a Panoramic Sunroof (+Photos)
7. BMW X3
If you’re looking for a more luxurious option, then consider BMW X3. It provides powerful as well as fuel-efficient engines. Also, there is plenty of room for personalization. The cabin is roomy and there is Apple CarPlay available.
The BMW X3 with a panoramic sunroof costs between $33.000 and $42.000.
M40i, xDrive 30i are the trim levels with a panoramic sunroof.
Also read: 3 Cheapest to Maintain BMW Models (& Costs)
8. Volvo XC60
Volvo XC60 has an impressive list of safety features. The ride is smooth and comfortable, and it has an outstanding tow rating. However, it could be a more reliable SUV.
The cost of the 2018 Volvo XC60 is on average $37.000
What trim levels include a panoramic sunroof? T5 Inscription, T5 Momentum, T5 R-Design, T6 Inscription, T6 Momentum, T6 R-Design
9. Audi Q3
Audi Q3 is a small SUV with comfortable ride quality, an upscale cabin, and excellent reliability, which isn’t so obvious to Audi. However, it lacks a few standard features compared to the competition.
$26.000-$35.000 is the price for an Audi Q3 that comes with a panoramic sunroof.
Look for 2.0T Premium, 2.0 T Premium Plus, 2.0 T Sport Premium trim levels to have a panoramic sunroof.
10. Ford Edge
Another Ford on the list. The Ford Edge is a safe car with a spacious cabin and a simple infotainment system. In addition, the ride is smooth and balanced. It’s not a car without cons, but you should definitely give it a try.
For a 2018 Ford Edge, you will be likely to pay between $26.000-$32.000.
SEL, Sport, Titanium are the trim versions with a panoramic sunroof.
11. Audi Q7
Audi Q7 is a premium SUV with an elegant cabin, high-quality materials, user-friendly features, great handling, and lots of space. It features the third row, but it might be too cramped for many passengers.
Audi Q7 with a panoramic sunroof costs $40.000-$55.000.
All trims levels include a panoramic sunroof.
12. Mercedes-Benz GLS
If you’re into luxury cars, the Mercedes-Benz GLS is the way to go. It’s an SUV with a relaxing ride, great materials, powerful engine lineups, and pretty much everything you need in an SUV.
It costs $45.000-$65.000, and it will be likely to have a panoramic sunroof in all trims, but not in all units.
What are the Pros and Cons of SUVs with Panoramic Sunroof?
1. It increases your mood. The more sunshine, the better is your mood. With a panoramic sunroof, you will not be so upset when driving to work on Monday morning…
2. Your car looks better. I think cars with a panoramic sunroof look way better. They stand out on the streets and pay attention. Also, when someone is getting into your car, he will appreciate your panoramic sunroof.
3. You can look at the moon and stars. If the night is cold, and you like watching the stars, your car is a great place for you. It’s a cozy and warm place for you when you can sit and watch the night sky.
4. It warms up your car in the winter. When you get into the car with a panoramic sunroof in the winter, and the sun is shining, it can pleasantly warm up your interior, so your travel will be better, and you won’t even have to use air conditioning.
1. Your car is more expensive. It’s obvious. Cars with a panoramic sunroof are 3-10% more expensive. That’s because glass is more expensive than metal. Also, panoramic sunroof demands mounting, sealing, and labor which makes panoramic sunroof costs more.
2. It requires more care. Glass doesn’t mess more than metal, but the mess is more visible on the glass. Because of that, you need to clean your panoramic sunroof with a window cleaner at least once a month, so it looks better and lets in more sunshine.
3. It can increase the temperature. I think it’s the biggest disadvantage of having a panoramic sunroof. When it’s hot, it increases the temperature more than a conventional roof. It’s because glass preheats faster than metal, and in addition, you let the sunshine in. Cars with a panoramic sunroof are equipped with a sunroof cover, but it helps only partially.
4. Less headroom. If you’re buying an SUV with a panoramic sunroof, you can’t be too high. You should be a maximum of 6.23 ft (190cm) if you want to drive comfortably. A panoramic sunroof takes about 1-1.5 inches. In SUVs or crossovers, it’s not a big deal, but in sedans, it might be some problem.