If you’re planning to buy a Mercedes-Benz with a panoramic sunroof, look no further, because in this article, you’ll find the 9 most popular Mercedes-Benz models that feature a panoramic sunroof.
1. Mercedes-Benz A-Class
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class is one of the prettiest hatchbacks on the market. It has agile handling, a roomy interior, great comfort, and performance. The infotainment system is also a big advantage of this model.
The panoramic sunroof in the A-Class is available in 2 trims: A220 and A220 4Matic.
For the Mercedes-Benz A-Class, you need to pay at least $35.000-$40.000.
Also read: 3 Cheapest Mercedes to Maintain (+ Costs)
2. Mercedes-Benz S-Class
The S-Class stands at the top of the super-luxury cars. It has a roomy interior, exceptional materials, an advanced infotainment system, and blissful driving dynamics. Of course, this sedan has one disadvantage- the price…
The Mercedes-Benz has many trim levels, but if you want to buy a unit with a panoramic sunroof, you should look for the S550 4Matic, S500 4Matic, and S580 4Matic.
The prices of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class start at $50.000 and can be as high as $100.000.
3. Mercedes-Benz GLE
The GLE is a spacious SUV with a great design, a feature-packed infotainment system, excellent outward visibility, and many trim versions to choose from.
The Mercedes-Benz GLE with a panoramic sunroof costs about $55.000.
4. Mercedes-Benz GLC
The GLC model is a balance of comfort and performance. This luxury SUV has an elegant design, plenty of space for passengers, and solid fuel economy. However, some competitors have more trunk space and better towing capacity.
The Mercedes-Benz GLC with a panoramic sunroof costs about $50.000.
Also read: Should You Buy a Mercedes with High Mileage?
5. Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Comfortable ride, powerful engines, great interior quality, advanced technology. We could talk a lot about the E-Class. If you’re not into S-Class, and the C-Class is too small for you, this is the best choice for you.
E300, E450 4Matic, and E400 are the trim versions that come with a panoramic sunroof, but it’s also available in other trim levels.
The E-Class costs on average $50.000.
6. Mercedes-Benz C-Class
The C-Class is the entry-level Mercedes sedan. However, the quality of this car isn’t entry-level. It has an upscale design, plenty of comfort, and many, many features.
Trending Video: How to Easily Bring Back to Life any Old Car Battery and Save Tons of Money (click to watch)
If you want to buy a Mercedes-Benz C-Class with a panoramic sunroof, look for C300 or C300 4Matic trim levels.
The Mercedes-Benz C-Class with a panoramic sunroof will cost you about $45.000.
Also read: Mercedes-Benz C-Class Running Costs (1, 3, 5 Years)
7. Mercedes-Benz M-Class
If you’re looking for an older Mercedes-Benz, then consider an M-Class. It’s a big SUV that is very fuel-efficient, with a rich interior and roomy backseats. However, although its age, it’s still pretty expensive.
The M-Class features a panoramic sunroof in most trim levels, but the most popular one is the ML 350.
The M-Class should cost about $30.000.
8. Mercedes-Benz GLS
Tech-rich cabin, spacious in all three rows, silky-smooth inline-six engine. These are the only few advantages of this luxury SUV. Of course, it’s not without cons; for example, it’s pretty expensive, and the infotainment system can be sometimes tricky.
The panoramic sunroof is the most popular in 2 trim levels- Base 4Matic, and 4Matic.
The Mercedes-Benz GLS will cost you at least $60.000.
9. Mercedes-Benz GLA
What about the smallest SUV by Mercedes-Benz? The GLA has high-end styling, great equipment, and great performance. It’s generally a good choice but remember about expensive package options.
The GLA costs about $35.000.
Also read: Mercedes vs. BMW- Which is Cheaper to Maintain?
What are the Pros and Cons of SUVs with Panoramic Sunroof?
1. It increases your mood. The more sunshine, the better is your mood. With a panoramic sunroof, you will not be so upset when driving to work on Monday morning…
2. Your car looks better. I think cars with a panoramic sunroof look way better. They stand out on the streets and pay attention. Also, when someone is getting into your car, he will appreciate your panoramic sunroof.
3. You can look at the moon and stars. If the night is cold, and you like watching the stars, your car is a great place for you. It’s a cozy and warm place for you when you can sit and watch the night sky.
4. It warms up your car in the winter. When you get into the car with a panoramic sunroof in the winter, and the sun is shining, it can pleasantly warm up your interior, so your travel will be better, and you won’t even have to use air conditioning.
1. Your car is more expensive. It’s obvious. Cars with a panoramic sunroof are 3-10% more expensive. That’s because glass is more expensive than metal. Also, panoramic sunroof demands mounting, sealing, and labor which makes panoramic sunroof costs more.
2. It requires more care. Glass doesn’t mess more than metal, but the mess is more visible on the glass. Because of that, you need to clean your panoramic sunroof with a window cleaner at least once a month, so it looks better and lets in more sunshine.
3. It can increase the temperature. I think it’s the biggest disadvantage of having a panoramic sunroof. When it’s hot, it increases the temperature more than a conventional roof. It’s because glass preheats faster than metal, and in addition, you let the sunshine in. Cars with a panoramic sunroof are equipped with a sunroof cover, but it helps only partially.
4. Less headroom. If you’re buying an SUV with a panoramic sunroof, you can’t be too high. You should be a maximum of 6.23 ft (190cm) if you want to drive comfortably. A panoramic sunroof takes about 1-1.5 inches. In SUVs or crossovers, it’s not a big deal, but in sedans, it might be some problem.
Sources: cars.usnews.com caranddriver.com www.motortrend.com