Are you looking to buy a BMW with a panoramic sunroof? Look no further, because in this article I’ll tell you which BMWs have this feature, and you will also see the photos.
1. BMW X3
BMW X3 is a small luxury SUV. It’s a mix of practicality, fuel efficiency, and performance. X3 offers a roomy interior for all passengers, a wide variety of standard and optional features, and agile handling.
The panoramic sunroof is available in all trim levels: sDrive 28i, xDrive 28i, xDrive 35i, xDrive 28i, but not in every unit.
The BMW X3 costs about $43.000.
2. BMW 3-Series
The BMW 3-Series is a luxury sedan that provides strong and smooth powertrains, great handling and ride, and plenty of beck-seat and trunk space. When it comes to luxuriousness and sportiness, not many sedans in this category can compare to BMW 3-Series.
Also, the panoramic sunroof is available in these trim levels: i, i xDrive.
For a brand-new BMW 3-Series, you need to pay about $40.000.
3. BMW X6
This SUV looks huge, but in reality, it’s only a midsize sedan. Because of that, its trunk space could have been better, and it should have had better rear visibility. However, it’s an amazing car with capable handling, a muscular engine lineup, and a high-tech infotainment system.
All trim levels include a panoramic sunroof.
BMW X6 is a bit pricey. You need to expect to spend at least $60.000 for this SUV.
4. BMW 5-Series
This is one of the best luxury midsize sedans. The 5-Series is packed with lively engines, it has an amazing handling, spacious interior, many standard features, and an intuitive infotainment system. Unfortunately, you need to spend a lot of money to own this beauty.
The panoramic sunroof is again available in all trim levels.
A brand-new BMW 5-Series costs at least $45.000.
Also read: 3 Cheapest to Maintain BMW Models (& Costs)
5. BMW X1
Looking for an entry-level SUV from a luxury brand? The BMW X1 is all you need. More sophisticated drivers might complain about bland styling or bad infotainment system. However, it’s a small SUV with a strong and responsive turbo engine, sharp handling, and plenty of cargo room. It should be a good option for most drivers.
For a panoramic sunroof, look for the following trim levels: sDrive 28i, xDrive 28i
$38.000- that’s how expensive BMW X1 is.
6. BMW 7-Series
If you want to spend a bit more, and you want to get a real luxury, then look no further. The BMW 7-Series is a flagship sedan of this brand with strong engine options, advanced safety systems, huge passenger space, and great equipment.
All trim levels include a huge panoramic sunroof.
For a BMW 7-Series, be ready to spend at least $68.000.
7. BMW X5
Muscular engine lineup, upscale interior, exceptional handling, and plenty of features. Is it a perfect SUV? Probably not, but this car will provide you with the best experience.
The panoramic sunroof in BMW X5 is available in all trim levels, but not in each unit.
The brand-new BMW should cost on average $60.000.
8. BMX X4
Let’s take a look at the smaller BMW X4. Here you can also expect a range of powerful engines, spry handling, and a handsome cabin. Some people complain that X4’s rivals have more cargo space, which is true, and it’s one of the biggest disadvantages of this SUV.
M40i, xDrive 30i are the trim levels with a panoramic sunroof.
If you want to buy a BMW X4, it will probably cost you around $55.000.
9. BMW X2
The BMW X2 is not the most popular SUV by BMW, probably because its ride is too stiff, and it doesn’t have too much cargo space. However, the big pros of this car are: unique styling, great materials, and quick acceleration.
M35i, sDrive28i, xDrive28i are the trim levels with a panoramic sunroof.
The BMW X2 isn’t too expensive, and it costs $35.000.
What are the Pros and Cons of a Car with Panoramic Sunroof?
1. It increases your mood. The more sunshine, the better is your mood. With a panoramic sunroof, you will not be so upset when driving to work on Monday morning…
2. Your car looks better. I think cars with a panoramic sunroof look way better. They stand out on the streets and pay attention. Also, when someone is getting into your car, he will appreciate your panoramic sunroof.
3. You can look at the moon and stars. If the night is cold, and you like watching the stars, your car is a great place for you. It’s a cozy and warm place for you when you can sit and watch the night sky.
4. It warms up your car in the winter. When you get into the car with a panoramic sunroof in the winter, and the sun is shining, it can pleasantly warm up your interior, so your travel will be better, and you won’t even have to use air conditioning.
1. Your car is more expensive. It’s obvious. Cars with a panoramic sunroof are 3-10% more expensive. That’s because glass is more expensive than metal. Also, panoramic sunroof demands mounting, sealing, and labor which makes panoramic sunroof costs more.
2. It requires more care. Glass doesn’t mess more than metal, but the mess is more visible on the glass. Because of that, you need to clean your panoramic sunroof with a window cleaner at least once a month, so it looks better and lets in more sunshine.
3. It can increase the temperature. I think it’s the biggest disadvantage of having a panoramic sunroof. When it’s hot, it increases the temperature more than a conventional roof. It’s because glass preheats faster than metal, and in addition, you let the sunshine in. Cars with a panoramic sunroof are equipped with a sunroof cover, but it helps only partially.
4. Less headroom. If you’re buying a car with a panoramic sunroof, you can’t be too high. You should be a maximum of 6.23 ft (190cm) if you want to drive comfortably. A panoramic sunroof takes about 1-1.5 inches. In SUVs or crossovers, it’s not a big deal, but in sedans, it might be some problem.